Block bitmap differences

Roland Bock rbock at eudoxos.de
Thu Oct 23 08:00:44 UTC 2008

Hi,

a few weeks ago, an unhealthy combination of firmware in an Adaptec Raid
controller and Seagate disks damaged my Raid6 filesystem. A bunch of
files were damaged or lost at that time after the firmaware was updated
and I had run e2fsck. Luckily, I was able to restore everything from a
backup. A subsequent check with e2fsck reported no errors.

Yesterday, I ran e2fsck -n again, to see if the system is still OK. It
isn't and I have no idea how to interpret the messages (see attachment).

What is the meaning and severity of

- Block bitmap differences?
- Free blocks count wrong for group?

Thanks and regards.