Filesystem gone readonly

Joseph Chen cax0cn at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 14:09:21 UTC 2009

Hi, Hiren,

I agree with Christian, before running fsck, you should have a look on the
hardware status. If it's not a file system issue, running fsck may cause
terrible amount of files lost.
Additionally, you need to create a backup with the help of dd before any
fsck, so that you are able to recover some lost files.

Good luck,
Joe.c @ http://admon.org/

Sponser and operater: Linux monitoring solution: http://admon.org