ext4 mount fails with "resize inode not valid" after a reboot

Eric Sandeen sandeen at redhat.com
Sun Apr 26 14:10:21 UTC 2009

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> With kernel 2.6.30-rc2-git6 and prior I am having problems mounting
> ext4 partitions after reboot.

> WTF is going on? This hapens even when I just recreate the filesystem.

So mkfs followed immediately by fsck shows it, or only with a mount in
between?  Does e2fsprogs-1.41.5 (released about 2 days ago) still show
the problem?  If so can you mkfs & provide the dumpe2fs -h output right
after the mkfs, perhaps there is something unique about your fs geometry
that trips a bug.

-Eric