EXT3 file recovery

ranjith kannikara ranjithkannikara at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 00:45:59 UTC 2009

HiI am a pre-final year computer science engineering student. We are doing
an open source project to make an application to recover the deleted files
in an ext3 filesystem. In between we are having some doubts can any one make
some clarification?
* Is it possible to manipulate an inode. ie is it possible if I want to edit
the content of an inode . ie I know what should be the content of an inode
and I want to change the content of the inode manually is there any way to
do this..?
or
* Can some one say from where I can get the procedure for deletion in an
ext3 filesystem. ie i would like to know where is the procedure for deletion
in an ext3 filesystem is located. is it there in the system itself or can I
get the exact procedure online...?

Expecting replies
Ranju.

--