Undeletion utililty for ext3/4

Number9652 number9652 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 30 20:17:02 UTC 2009

I have recently released a project on sourceforge ( http://extundelete.sourceforge.net ) that can undelete a file from an ext3 or ext4 partition.  It uses code from ext3grep to parse command-line options, and uses libext2fs to read the partitions.  Instead of reading the entire partition, as ext3grep does, it reads only the journal file and is able to restore a deleted file from the information there and in (possibly deleted) directory blocks.  I hope it is of some use.

-N