Fw: 32k Blocksize Support

D Landy davidlandy at clara.co.uk
Sun Jan 18 09:33:11 UTC 2009

Eric Sandeen wrote:

> I don't know if they're using a standard ext3 fs or not; perhaps it is
> adultrated in some way for their needs that makes it incompatible w/ the
> upstream tools.
>
> You could go through the code to find where that message is printed,
> then work backwards to why (either via gdb, or printf insertions, or
> whatever you're comfortable with...)

Thanks, Eric, that's exactly what I've done.

:-)

Unfortunately there are many different error conditions that could result in
an "invalid superblock" message and it seems like it would be a hard job (at
least for me!) to work out which one it was as I don't know how to compile a
package or even how to get the right source code for Puppy Linux (which I
think is almost Debian compatible).

I guess this is going off-topic now and I should ask on other lists for help
with that?

Any assistance appreciated.

David