undeletable files - even after fsck.ext3 -f (long)

Alessandro Dentella sandro at e-den.it
Wed Mar 18 12:11:49 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:03:51PM +0100, Alessandro Dentella wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   sorry for the long mail but I'm really in an emergency and have no enought
>   specific knowledge to understand what is happening.

I'm sorry for this mail, but I made a big mistake. I checked one filesystem
when the file was on another filesystem... checking the correct filesystem
(/home that was an xfs) fixed the problem.

Still there are many things that are not at all clear in the genesis of the
problem, and the fact that copying the directory the corruption of the
filesystem propagated. Should anybody have any idea I'd be pleased to read
it.

sandro