[OT] Undeletion utililty for ext3/4

Christian Kujau lists at nerdbynature.de
Sun May 3 22:08:10 UTC 2009

On Sun, 3 May 2009, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> This is probably due to a new ext4 feature.  Look at this line of the
> code and see what feature it is checking for.

Hm, at extundelete.cc:894 we have:

  // File system must have a journal.
  assert((super_block.s_feature_compat & EXT3_FEATURE_COMPAT_HAS_JOURNAL));
  if ((super_block.s_feature_compat & EXT2_FEATURE_COMPAT_DIR_PREALLOC))
    std::cout << "WARNING: I don't know what EXT2_FEATURE_COMPAT_DIR_PREALLOC is.\n";

The EXT3_FEATURE_COMPAT_HAS_JOURNAL is a standard ext3/4 feature, not sure
about the EXT2_FEATURE_COMPAT_DIR_PREALLOC thing.

Thanks for replying, Andreas - but I could imagine that this is better
discussed on the extundelete lists - sorry for this noise.

Christian.
--
Bruce Schneier has found SHA-512 preimages of all these facts.