[OT] Re: Undeletion utililty for ext3/4

Christian Kujau lists at nerdbynature.de
Sun May 3 17:03:44 UTC 2009

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Number9652 wrote:
> I have recently released a project on sourceforge
> ( http://extundelete.sourceforge.net ) that can undelete a file from an
> ext3 or ext4 partition.  It uses code from ext3grep to parse
> command-line options, and uses libext2fs to read the partitions.

Hm, compiling with g++ 4.4 gave me a few compiling errors[0] - the patch
attached "fixes" them, but when extundelete is actually used, it crashes:

# ./extundelete /dev/md0
Running extundelete version 0.0.3
extundelete: extundelete.cc:894: void load_super_block(struct_ext2_filsys*):
Assertion `(super_block.s_feature_compat & 0x0004)' failed.
Aborted

...but maybe that has been caused by the patch. Hm.

Christian.

[0] http://nerdbynature.de/bits/extundelete/
--
All infinite sets are countable -- by Bruce Schneier.