Inode 196617 has imagic flag set

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Sun Dec 5 22:10:38 UTC 2010

This is stopping my new Centos 5.5 installation from
booting.

I have dropped into maintainance mode and run e2fsck without
getting any errors. I used the -c option, and no bad blocks
were found.

I've run another disk checker program called Vivard, from
the Ultimate Boot CD disk. That completed without any errors
as well.

So this is a mystery why I get this error at boot time.

Any ideas what's happening please?

Where can I find out more about ext3, such as inodes, dtime
and imagic flag?

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

in practice they are not.