2**31-1 blocks question

Stephen Samuel samuel at bcgreen.com
Thu May 13 07:40:29 UTC 2010

Your core problem, as I see it, is that you're running at the boundary of
what ext3
is capable of, in any event.  This means that, even if you do manage to get
it
working you're going to be running into other boundary related conditions
(like your
first fsck taking longer than an upgrade would have, the inability to expand
the
filesystem much past it's current size, and god-only knows what else.

In other words, if you need to stay with the current version of centos for
other
reasons, then continue on this path, otherwise, an upgrade is likely to make
life
easier in the long run.

... and if you can swing an upgrade to 64 bit, you may avoid other side
effects of
working with a filesystem this large.

--
Stephen Samuel http://www.bcgreen.com  Software, like love,
778-861-7641                              grows when you give it away