How to mount ext3 root partition with noatime and ro options at boot-time

Amey amey1288 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 13:12:33 UTC 2011

Hi all,
        I was trying to mount root-partition which is ext3 partition with
noatime and ro option. I included "ro" in the kernel command line  But for
mounting it with "noatime" option when I searched for some solution I came
across a patch

                 http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/8/5/38

        But after applying this patch and including option "noatime" in
kernel command line , kernel by default mounts all the partition with
"noatime" option which is not my requirement. I just want to mount root
partition with ro and noatime option and other partitions with atime option
at boottime only. So please help me in this regard.

        Thanking you all in advance.

Cheers,
AM