Fwd: Re: ext3 with maildir++ = huge disk latency and high load

Andrey basketboy at bk.ru
Fri Sep 23 08:14:57 UTC 2011

23.09.2011 11:31, Janne Pikkarainen пишет:
Thank you for reply,

BTW, other webserver has almost the same bonnie results (10283ms and
5884ms) on ext3 partition with 45GB of data (1.5 millions of files)?!

Hardware and RAID5(also hardware) are the same: HP Proliant DL380 G4
with SmartArray 6i controller (as I see it comes with 128MB BBWC enabler
but not kit).

I did not tried to mount fs with barriers disabled. Does it have any
crititcal risks?

Bonnie tests was performed in the morning when we have a mininmal user load.

With regards, Andrey.