Re: What uses these 50 GB?

Hello Eric,

Ok, pretty standard, and it appears that you mkfs'd it in april,
mounted it, and have never unmounted it.  (Nor has it ever crashed,
apparently).

Also, the last line above shows that there is at least one orphan
inode, meaning it's open but unlinked.  Blocks aren't freed
until it's closed; that may be where all the space is.

Thank you. That was indeed the cause of the problem. There was a single file that has been deleted some month ago, but the process which kept it open was still alive.

I'll add a check for open deleted files to my checklist.

Best regards,

Roland