Re: extended filesystems

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Sandeen" <sandeen redhat com>
To: "Bill Cunningham" <billcun suddenlink net>; <Ext3-users redhat com>
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2014 4:47 PM
Subject: Re: extended filesystems

[snip]

So the first thing you've learned is that it is not in fact too much
overhead, because it's not there.  ;)

-Eric

Ok I see. Well I have used fsarchiver to save my ext4 system and the mkfs option to uninstall everything as an ext2 filesystem. Everything uncompress and is written to the block device much more quickly. I know with ext3 there is the journal inode which isn't present on ext2.

   Well anyway is this list for the entire ext family or just ext3?

Bill