Recommended minimal amount of free space to keep?

Ivan Baldo ibaldo at adinet.com.uy
Mon Jun 9 14:14:47 UTC 2014

     Hello.
     Thanks a lot for the information and hints!
     I think some long time ago I have read somewhere that 70% full
utilization is a good limit but couldn't find it on the net now though,
thats why I asked here, thanks for confirming that.
     So, is a percentage thing, not a free space absolute value right?
     If we have a 1000G filesystem then we should have at least 300G
free to avoid fragmentation in the long term? Or for that filesystems we
could have just 50G free and get away with it long term?
     Maybe these hints could be in the ext4 manpage or maybe in the wiki.
     Again: thanks!!!
     Bye.

--
Ivan Baldo - ibaldo at adinet.com.uy - http://ibaldo.codigolibre.net/