Recommended minimal amount of free space to keep?

    Hello.
So, LVM is cool, having different partitions for different stuff is cool, and of course Ext4 is cool and *reliable*. So, we create some logical partitions and put ext4 on them, reserving LVM space for growing those partitions or even making new ones later. The thing is, I would like to keep every filesystem as small as it can be, but without degrading the performance too much. I guess that having a filesystem 99% full will create too much fragmentation and many other issues, but having them only 30% full seems like a waste. Currently I try to keep them at 70% full utilization but I have not based that on anything just guess. So, what % hysteresis do you recommend? For example, when they get 70% full then grow them so that they get 50% full? Other values?
    Thanks for the hints!
    Good day everyone.

--
Ivan Baldo - ibaldo adinet com uy - http://ibaldo.codigolibre.net/