power loss protection

squadra squadra at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 17:53:52 UTC 2014

dunno about any special tools, but misusing a mysql database could be
a good check for this. unplug/reset your device while inserts into the
db are ongoing (dont forget to use innodb for the tables). unplug /
reset your device, boot it up again and take a look into the mysql
log. theres a good chance that innodb gets wrecked... sure, this is
not perfect. but could be a impressive test if it ends like i think.

make sure your mysql instance is configured to be "safe":

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/innodb-parameters.html#sysvar_innodb_flush_method
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/innodb-parameters.html#sysvar_innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit

and enable binlogs + sync binlogs

or in other words: make it as slow as possible :p