parse raw image to read block group desc table!

gagan chhabra gagan.13031990 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 07:07:37 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am writing a piece of code to open a raw image file of a virtual machine
which has ubuntu installed in it. The virtual disk is formatted using MBR
partitioning method and has 3 primary and 1 extended partition.

I want to open up that file and read the block group descriptor table and
inode table for each partition. I have written some lines of code and
successfully able to read the partition entries and the superblock of each
partition.

But now I am stuck and unable to read  block group descriptor table and
inode table. Shall I post my code here? Any suggestion or resource would be
of great help.

Thanks,
Gagan
Mob: +91 97049 28427