[fab] tuesday's fedora project board meeting

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Apr 18 17:03:15 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, den 18.04.2006, 22:21 +0530 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:

> On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 18:43 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > > I counted on various people within the individual sub projects to
> > > provide updates rather me trying to keep track of everything.
> > And that's okay. I tried to help by doing the work for some weeks until
> > it seemed to me that the concept stucked.
> I dont think it got struck but the flow of content has been low.

Very low ;-)

> > (BTW: I really would prefer if the Fedora weekly reports were used in
> > the Red Hat magazine. Why? I don't like some of the content on
> > fedoranews.org much -- but that's another story and I should probably
> > talk to tchung about that directly).
> I would like fedoranews.org to move into a model where it publishes news
> as and when it is announced rather than wait for the end of the week.
> Weekly summaries can still be provided for all the published news for
> other websites to syndicate it. Fedoranews.org and Red Hat Magazine can
> link to the weekly reports too.

Sounds like a good idea. It would be good if the news post could be
integrated directly info Fedora People.

> > >  It's a relatively
> > > simple task if contributors involved with the sub project share the
> > > work. That has worked out well for the release notes.
> > I agree. But you have to find new contributors for that. Putting the
> > burden only one one person per sub-project is going to fail. Especially
> > if those persons don't have a lot of other work already.
> It is not limited to one person per sub-project. Like I said anyone who
> is willing to contribute is more than welcome to do so.

Well, you talked me a bit into it. I didn't like to have yet another job
that consumes time -- I did it nevertheless until some weeks ago.

I tried to find someone else for the job but no one stepped up. Somebody
probably has to get the ball running again and poke Extras people -- I'm
sure that we'd find some interested people for it.

CU
thl