[fab] Re: fedoranews.org

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 18 17:47:40 UTC 2006

On 4/18/06, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> Well, I'd like to ask what purpose we are up to with fedoranews.org.
> What does it do what we can't do at fedoraproject.org? Is it outside of
> the scope from the legal rules of the Fedora Project?
>
> <disclaimer: personal feelings involved>
>
> BTW, the reason why I dislike fedoranews.org are articles like this:
> http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Installing_NVIDIA_drivers_manually_on_FC4
>
> (that's a improved version -- the first one was even worse). There are a
> lot better ways to install the drivers that are more clean. See
>
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Xorg/3rdPartyVideoDrivers
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2006-February/msg01178.html
>
> Also it encourages people sometimes to enable repos that are not
> compatible with Core and Extras.
>
> </personal feelings involved>
>
> CU
> thl
> --
> Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info>

Wow. What did I miss here? I just saw this email with subject "fedoranews.org"

It sounds like someone doesn't like the site just because a few
contributors wrote some articles in the past and not happy about.

Please note, this is a community website much like community forum
such as fedoraforum.org where people can write *whatever* they like
and yes, sometimes I let them write an article about *forbidden* item
by Fedora Project.

Again, this is the *past* and now that Fedora Project is considering
"blessing" our site officially, there will be some changes.  For one
thing, there will be more "moderations" before the artlces get
published. In other words, a  Review Process will be used among
moderators before we publish.

However, the site will remain the status of "Community" site where any
community member can write just about anything they want if they feel
it will benefit the community.

If you are concerned about the content of our site, I invite you to
become a moderator and help me to maintain a quality site for Fedora
Community.

Regards,
--
Thomas Chung