[fab] project hosting?

Colin Bodell cbodell at vasoftware.com
Wed Apr 19 13:27:41 UTC 2006

I'd like to offer a solution for this requirement. VA Software, the
company that runs SourceForge.net, Slashdot, Linux.com etc
would be happy to host the project on a dedicated instance of
SourceForge Enterprise as it's contribution to Fedora. You can see
an example of SourceForge Enterprise at https://forge.joomla.org - this
site was launched about 7 months ago for the Joomla community.
It now has over 22,000 registered users and sees about 250,000 unique
visitors a month. The deployment stack is all Open
Source: RedHat ES, JBoss, CVS, Subversion, Apache, Postgres etc. Having
it part of the extended SourceForge family means we can
drive a lot of traffic and provide lots of visibility for the project.

(Note: SourceForge Enterprise is about four years ahead of
SourceForge.net. If you think you know SourceForge Enterprise
because you know SourceForge.net -- you don't. Check it out. You can see
it in action running Joomla Forge, or you can
sign up to evaluate the app at http://ondemand.sourceforge.com)

Col

Colin Bodell
CTO