[fab] project hosting?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Apr 20 13:52:54 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Its a nice offer but we are not going to rely on proprietary
> infrastructure for Fedora regardless of the cost factor.

I don't think it wise for the board to discount sf's offer out-of-hand
without at least exploring the true viability of open-source
alternatives.  Now, how much time/effort/resources will be involved in
implementing our own project hosting (using savanna or whatever)?  I
don't think we should decide for or against *any* solution until this
question is answered.

If it comes down to either using sourceforge or nothing (for the
foreseeable future, because of limited resources), well, I think doing
nothing would be just plain silly.

-- Rex