[fab] project hosting?

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Apr 20 15:40:10 UTC 2006

Bill Nottingham (notting at redhat.com) said:
> Rahul Sundaram (sundaram at fedoraproject.org) said:
> > It is far from clear to me why Fedora needs to provide its own
> > infrastructure for itself rather than just use something like Savannah.
>
> Integrating the translation project into Savannah seems like
> it would be hard, if not impossible.

Addtional points that would be problematic:

Savannah project musts:
* Use a license compatible with the GNU GPL;
* Refer to the GNU/Linux operating system instead of the Linux,
  which is the kernel. Advertise the free software movements,
  which we support, and not the open source one, which we don't.
  Do not use "Open" in your project name.

I'd rather not get into politics.

Bill