[fab] project hosting?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 23:23:19 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 15:28 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 12:12 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > >
> > > Addtional points that would be problematic:
> > >
> > > Savannah project musts:
> > > * Use a license compatible with the GNU GPL;
> >
> > Any current/potential problems with this?
>
> Is the OPL compatible with the GNU GPL?

Provided the copyright holder does not exercise either of the optional
clauses (which we don't in Fedora), it is considered a "free"
documentation license according to the FSF:

  http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#RealOPL

I would say that's probably the best answer you'll get, outside of a
Real Legal Opinion that performs an exhaustive analysis of the
conjunction of those licenses. Further IANAL answers are probably just
as useless as mine. :-D