[fab] I have a few questions for the board.

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Apr 25 15:27:46 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 10:18 -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:

> > >Not every project has a clear chair or leader.
> >
> > That right there is something that the Board needs to fix.
>
> Leader (perhaps aka maintainer), absolutely.  Chair of a committee,
> yes, but dependent on size of the project of course.

Agreed -- we shouldn't be imposing that everything which is a project or
SIG be run like it's a government.

Especially in cases where we're talking about chunks of coding, strong
leadership in the form of a project maintainer is likely to often work
better.  This is one of the things which is often pointed to as a reason
for why the Linux kernel is more successful than the various free BSDs

Jeremy