[fab] I have a few questions for the board.

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Apr 25 18:47:35 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 14:40 -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > ... or maybe, we just roll the things which don't meet the above up and
> > call them a SIG?
>
> +1 to this.
>
> Basically: PMCs demand coordination and communication.  SIGs don't.
>
> So we can have the "Anaconda SIG" and the "stateless SIG" and the "Live CD
> SIG" and the "Fedora Games SIG", and it's a fancy name for... a mailing
> list?

List plus potentially some hosting of $SCM and potentially a way to push
some releases if we're talking about something that's a software
project.  It just seems weird to call what's actually a software project
a SIG.  And I think the needs of the two are somewhat different and
should be handled a little differently, but we can take it as it comes.

I think it does mean that our number of "projects" is less, but perhaps
that's a good thing anyway

Jeremy