[fab] The next board once this board is tired of being the board

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Apr 26 13:37:05 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 00:17 -0400, seth vidal wrote:

>    1. who gets in and under what circumstances for the red hat filled
> seats of the board. This is really an issue internal to red hat but the
> part that gets complex for the board is how and who we talk to about
> getting rid of someone who is a problem and who fills one of the red hat
> seats.

At the minimum, I'd expect the sitting board to recommend who from Red
Hat could/should fill seats.

>           ii. how to have the elections (who votes?)

Must have Fedora account to get into the voting?

However, that disturbs the anonymity.  We'd need to code an open
application that shows how the authentication confirms that someone
exists in the account system and marks that they have voted, while not
associating the specific vote with the individual voter.

The strongest members of the community are the self-selected who go
through the process to create an account.  That seems like the best
voter demographic we could get without picking them. :)

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE *    Sr. Editor   * http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
Fedora Documentation Project http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/