[fab] The next board once this board is tired of being the board

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Apr 26 14:30:57 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 00:17 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> Things I need help figuring out:
> - How do we determine:
>    1. who gets in and under what circumstances for the red hat filled
> seats of the board. This is really an issue internal to red hat but the
> part that gets complex for the board is how and who we talk to about
> getting rid of someone who is a problem and who fills one of the red hat
> seats.

Right -- large chunks of this are going to be due to what people are
tasked with in their roles at Red Hat and that's likely to be the
biggest source of some of this.  As for getting rid of someone, going to
the person in Max's role is probably best for the general case.  If the
problem is the person in that role, then go to one of the other people.
Unfortunately, I don't have much in the way of better suggestions than
that.

>    2. Placement of community seats:
>        a. Do we have elections or is it all placed?
>           i. If elections how often to have elections (proposed: every 2
> releases)

I thought the suggestion was to stagger things -- essentially, have an
election every release but only turn over half of the community seats.
This will help to ensure continuity and "memory"

Jeremy