[fab] Fedora Logo Proposal

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue Aug 8 16:56:53 UTC 2006

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 18:25 -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
>
> >   * People who are redistributing something based on Fedora, but who are
> > NOT following the above redistribution guidelines, may NOT use the Fedora
> > logo.  If they choose to use the text "based on Fedora," we won't stop
> > them.
>
> While I don't disagree with anything in this policy, Aurora would not be
> permitted to use the Fedora logo as we are simply taking Fedora universe
> packages, patching for sparc, and adding sparc specific OSS utils.

So then the next question would be, "is there anything that precludes you
from adding these utilities into the Fedora Universe?"

We'd have three options:

1. Expand the notion of "Fedora Universe";
2. Add special cases for those like the Aurora project;
3. Allow the Aurora project to make a special request -- which, knowing
your purpose, we'd almost certainly grant.

--g