[fab] New project formation is out of control

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Wed Aug 9 07:42:18 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 08 August 2006 16:50, Greg DeKoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:
> My $0.02:
>
> I wouldn't have SIGs report necessarily to any Project.  If an existing
> project chooses to kick out a new SIG, fine.  If someone wants to align a
> SIG to a Project, fine.  But if a SIG wants to sprout in the desert, doing
> their own work in a little corner of the wiki, then that should be fine,
> too.

I generally agree, but we must give a process for such SIGs to follow to get
the help and review they need.  That should be trivial.

As a base policy, I'm happy with what this thread has produced.  Paul, do feel
free to make the necessary edits.  Once that's hammered out, we can start
talking about the finer details, such as naming conventions.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/