[fab] Re: "community maintainers working on core" dilemma

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Aug 9 19:24:13 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 09 August 2006 15:17, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> But if we had a system that made it possible for anyone to generate a
> build on any architecture, wouldn't it make it easier to enable those
> extra arches without actually holding our entire tree hostage?  Plus, we
> can actually parallelize the effort to fix architecture bustage.

The better question is can we break the direct pipeline from Fedora builds to
RHEL.  If we could (and we did for FC5 updates), then we just don't send our
builds to those arches.  This is one of the things to solve if we move Core
out to the outside world.  We're not going to put s390s out in the Fedora
infrastructure...

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora