[fab] Kernel Module packages in Core and Extras

Christian Iseli Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Sat Aug 19 16:25:59 UTC 2006

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 10:10:10 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> My $0.02... kernel modules are here to stay, and we simply need to find
> the best way to deal with it.  No need to waste time fretting otherwise.

Since we're all dealing out small change... :-)

We have tons of perl and python modules, and nobody's fretting much
over it, although they do extend the functionality of the base language
in one way or another.

Probably the reason nobody's fretting much is because when something
goes wrong, users file bug reports with the module owner and not with
the perl (or python) maintainer...

Sure, a broken perl module doesn't necessarily bring down the user's
machine, so kernel modules *are* different and need special rules.

But forbidding them in Extras seems a bit of a stretch too IMHO.

Oh, and here's the small change: CHF 0.02...

Cheers,
					Christian