[fab] Re: openmotif

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Aug 30 12:29:24 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 30 August 2006 08:21, Rahul wrote:
> The only reason for openmotif not being dropped immediately is not break
> applications and since we agreed to move openmotif dependencies to
> Fedora Extras, I am arguing that we move openmotif too over till we fix
> everything to work with lesstif.  Everyone knows that openmotif needs to
> be dropped long term.  No hypocrisy there.

But what is the POINT?  We aren't going to be touching openmotif at all, only
dropping it, so moving it to Extras makes NO SENSE.  Moving the things that
depend on it over so that they can be made to work with lesstif makes some
sense, for those things that we no longer need in core, but moving openmotif
just to move it is silly.  If we're going to touch openmotif, we're going to
remove it.  period.  There is ZERO gain to importing it into Extras.  ZERO.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora