[fab] Re: openmotif

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Aug 31 09:17:45 UTC 2006

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 10:46:57AM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > The licence issue is allready solved by migrating to lesstif, it allready
> > shows the commitment to have only OSI approved licences.
> As I've told you many times before, I am having VERY STRONG doubts about
> this claim. To me, your are just plain WRONG  and a victim of religious
> zealotry.

I am not a victim. Fedora is the victim. I personally  don't care about
openmotif being in fedora or not (after more thinking, I think I would
have preferred that openmotif stays in fedora, and that the non conflict
rules be relaxed for that case only, to be able to test lesstif in fedora).
I care about fedora being consistent with its goals, that's why I helped
having lesstif replace openmotif.

> If you want to prove and/or counter prove this claim, I'd strongly
> recommend some RH and/or Fedora leader to formally notice the OpenGroup
> for having violated their licence - Their reaction will bring clarity.

It is not a licence violation. It is not in agreement with fedora goals.

--
Pat