Fedora Freedom?

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Wed Dec 6 05:37:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 00:13 -0500, Warren Togami wrote:
> Oh come on.  This can't be anywhere near as pretentious as "Masters of
> the Universe" used by Ubuntu.

At least that's funny and makes me think of He-Man and other things.

> Fedora is one of the last remaining major defenders of Freedom in FOSS.
>   - Ubuntu ships GPL violating proprietary kernel drivers.
> - Novell sold their soul to the devil and betrayed the community.
>
> The Fedora collection contains everything that is free as in liberty.
> It is comprised of freedom.  So why not call it that?

I just think it sounds way too pretentious and self-righteous. Fedora is
also about cool things and making the computing experience more fun and
enjoyable. Calling it "Fedora Freedom" makes me think of chores and all
the homework I neglected to do. Sorry.

     David