Fedora Board meeting Tuesday 12/12

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Dec 11 20:25:00 UTC 2006

On Monday 11 December 2006 15:17, Max Spevack wrote:
> - Is the ball moving on version control stuff since the Fedora Summit?  I
> know Jesse continues to work on pungi, but I haven't seen (or just haven't
> been looking in the right place) a lot of follow up about the distributed
> version control.  Where are we with that, etc?

I thought this was supposed to take a backburner.  It was noted that CVS _has_
some ACL stuff in place so that we can keep set permissions at a module level
(does this include release branch, since these aren't really "branches"?) and
that we don't _need_ a new SCM to accomplish the merger of core<->extras.

Personally I think a new distributed SCM would make things like downstream
distributions (olpc, etc..) easier, ditto secondary arches.  There were
strong concerns though of changing too much too quickly and not accomplishing
the major goal(s) of the merger.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora