Fedora Board meeting Tuesday 12/12

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Dec 12 02:55:43 UTC 2006

On Monday 11 December 2006 21:37, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> Back burner to what, exactly?  What's it waiting on (other than testing
> and feedback?)

A backburner to the rest of the infrastructure work that needs doing.  New
build system, lots of package moves, new push scripts, new tree composing
software, new update tool, etc...

What its waiting on is yes, testing, feedback, some more development of
scripts such as the unique tagging script, the branching scripts, the import
script, etc...

I honestly didn't get much feedback on the proof of concept, so I'm really
flying "blind" if you will.  Getting feedback means making some people pay
attention to it and look at it, people that are busy with other things, which
may or may not be more important.  I've been more focused on pungi myself
rather than putting time into the dist-git proof of concept.  While I'd like
to continue the SCM work, I think a tool to compose our distribution is a bit
more important for me to work on at this point.  This shouldn't stop anybody
else from working on a proof of concept or enhancing the existing ones.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora