mailing-list reorganisation

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Wed Dec 13 19:32:25 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 12:56, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> we discussed the "to many mailinglists" problem now and then in the
> past. Most of us are annoyed by it, so here is a proposed cleanup.
> Comments?

Lets look at all the fedora related lists and see what is needed or not
needed. i took this list from http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo and am
re-organising a little

  fedora-advisory-board
  fedora-advisory-board-readonly
  fedora-board-list
Should we merge the board-list to fab list?

  fedora-announce-list
  Fedora-maintainers-announce
  Fedora-directory-announce
  Fedora-legacy-announce
Lets merge all the announge lists to one.  If need be people can filter
  Fedora-package-announce
Lets keep this one seperate its likely to have a largish volume

  Fedora-maintainers
  Fedora-maintainers-readonly
it can be nice to have a quietish list for discussion

  fedora-devel-list
  fedora-devel-java-list
  Fedora-perl-devel-list
  Fedora-r-devel-list
  Fedora-directory-devel
  fedora-test-list
  fedora-extras-list
  Fedora-relnotes-content
  Fedora-packaging
merge all the devel lists into one

  Fedora-package-review
this is a high volume devel list  that noise should be kept of the main devel
list

  fedora-cvs-commits
  fedora-extras-commits
  Fedora-eclipse-commits
  Fedora-directory-commits
lets merge all cvs commits to one list.  i can always filter ones i dont want
out.

  fedora-list
  Fedora-de-list
  Fedora-es-list
  Fedora-fr-list
  Fedora-ja-list
  Fedora-users-br
Lets be consistent with names i think its fair to have list for different
langages.

  Fedora-docs-br
  Fedora-docs-commits
  fedora-docs-list
  fedora-dsco-list
is there even a dsco?  i had not heard of them until looking at the list

  Fedora-edu-br
  Fedora-education-list
We could do more on education issues in other countries

  Fedora-trans-ar
  Fedora-trans-bn
  Fedora-trans-bn_in
  Fedora-trans-el
  Fedora-trans-hi
  Fedora-trans-ja
  Fedora-trans-list
  Fedora-i18n-list
Do we really need a translation list and a i18n list?

  Fedora-ia64-list
We may want more arch specific lists though alot of it just belongs in devel

  Fedora-art-list
  Fedora-buildsys-list * this could be infrastructure but is used for much
more than just fedora.
  Fedora-laptop-list * perhaps this should be in devel
  fedora-triage-list  * Perhaps this should be in devel
  Fedora-marketing-list
  Fedora-mentors-list
  Fedora-music-list
  Fedora-security-list
  fedora-selinux-list
  Fedora-xen
  fedora-legacy-list
  Fedora-infrastructure-list
  Fedora-directory-users
  Fedora-desktop-list
  Fedora-games-list
  Fedora-websites-list
  Fedora-women-list
specifc projects  need there own communication means

just my 2c
--
 ,-._|\    Dennis Gilmore, RHCE
/      \   Proud Australian