[fab] Legal contact policy and incentives for contributors

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 13 06:41:36 UTC 2006

Patrick W. Barnes wrote:
> On Thursday 13 July 2006 01:18, Rahul <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Patrick, can we copy all such pages (leaving out the formally published
>> documentation under /docs for now) over to the wiki and setup up
>> redirects? Shouldnt be more than a dozen pages now.
>>

> There are two reasons we haven't already done this:
>
> 1.  We have to use manual redirects.  Because of the way the site is currently
> set up, we can't use automatic redirects.  This would be an ugly way to greet
> fedora.redhat.com visitors.

I dont really consider the current spartan pages a much better user
experience and we are doing redundant work. We already know that
fedora.redhat.com is not easily changed either.

> 2.  We want static content that is separate from the wiki.  The Plone site is
> intended to provide this.  Once the Plone site is up and running, we'll make
> fedora.redhat.com completely obsolete.  At that point, we might even be able
> to move to a different system for fedora.redhat.com that would allow
> automatic redirects to the equivalent Plone pages.

I dont see how 1. is related to 2.  What we need is a way to setup
automatic redirects. If we dont have a way to do that, redirecting users
to a wiki page manually is no different from redirecting users to a
plone page. The usage of plone in fedoraproject.org doesnt provide us
any benefits or change in setting redirects in fedora.redhat.com.

Rahul