[fab] Re: [Famsco-list] New project formation is out of control

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 7 04:51:02 UTC 2006

On 6/6/06, Alex Maier <lxmaier at gmail.com> wrote:
> official blessing and to let them use the words "Fedora" and/or
> "Ambassadors" in the project name.

Hello,
I don't agree with this because this will break fedora contributors
motivation for the project. Not to let a Fedora Contributor use the
word "Fedora" and "Ambassadors" where one thinks its appropriate for
the best of the project would be a bit too hard, don't you think?.

We have to make the difference between a SIG and a project. I think in
this case a SIG would be appropriate.

The another thing is that here DamienDurand is not alone with his
Interview Idea. He has followed a "certain procedure". He pinged me a
month ago about his idea and we have been working on this along with
ThomasCanniot as well. In that procedure, we call for "peer review" to
Patrick on irc before the announcement on the ML.

DamienDurand proposed interview to BobJensen and MaxSpevack and they
both agreed to answer our questions. I think that this project has a
momentum to start became a big one.

> Patrick, want to take a stab at a short and snappy set of rules?
> Famsco can then vote.

I consider Peer review needs to be a must and as well we have to make
the difference between a SIG and an official project.

Chitlesh Goorah
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com