[fab] fedora project board meeting 5/2

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Mon May 1 20:56:59 UTC 2006

On Mon, 1 May 2006, Josh Boyer wrote:

>>> Who is doing this? Are we ready to reveal the name now?
>>
>> Will Woods.  I'll let him introduce himself, since he's on this list.
>> He's transitioning from another position within Red Hat, and he's tasked
>> with (among other things) bringing some serious structure to Fedora QA,
>> and also expanding/increasing the community efforts around testing, bug
>> triage, etc.
>
> As much as I would love to blur the lines between the various projects
> and simply assume "Fedora" means all of Fedora, I have to ask for
> clarification.
>
> Does the Fedora Test Lead position cover Fedora Core, or does it cover
> Core/Extras/Legacy, etc?

Initially, I would say that the efforts will be around Core.  But it's
definitely within the scope of the job, as Will settles into it, to figure
out the best way to interact with stuff like Extras, Legacy, etc.

Will's gonna have to benchmark the current situation of testing as it
relates to the entire Fedora Project, and to put together a plan of where
his energy can produce the biggest gain.  My *guess* is that it's likely
to focus on Core, but ultimately it's for him to figure out as the first
part of his job.

--Max

--
Max Spevack