[fab] Non-standard kernels in the Fedora Multiverse

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue May 9 05:12:16 UTC 2006

/me is late in the discussion -- and it seems everything important is
already said.

Just to make sure: I also don't like the idea of having kernels in
extras or adding a CCRMA-Kernel to core. What I fear most besides the
maintenance nightmare: openVZ, vserver, swsusp2, reiser4 <insert 10
other projects> would probably want their own Fedora-Kernel in that
case, too. And I don't think we really want that ;-)

Am Dienstag, den 09.05.2006, 00:01 -0400 schrieb Greg DeKoenigsberg:

> Here's the fallback position: Fernando continues to maintain the CCRMA
> kernel in his own yum repo, and *everything else* gets pulled into Extras
> over time.  (To the best of my knowledge, none of the CCRMA apps *require*
> the CCRMA kernel -- it's just a huge help for getting any actual work
> done.)  That way, at least Fernando has a mechanism to spread the workload
> for maintaining CCRMA among several assistants, and can spend most of his
> time maintaining his own kernel as he sees fit.
>
> Meanwhile, we wait for the day when Ingo's realtime patches make it into
> the mainline kernels.  When that day comes, the CCRMA project goes away.

+1

CU
thl