[fab] Non-standard kernels in the Fedora Multiverse

Stephen C. Tweedie sct at redhat.com
Tue May 9 10:41:45 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 19:30 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:

> That's what's in CVS.  I was talking with Jeremy about this on IRC this
> past weekend.  There are git trees inside of RH that the kernel
> developers use, and patches are generated from that.

No, the raw input is still the CVS+patches.  We sometimes use git to
synchronise different CVS trees --- we did this for the Xen patches when
they were in a separate repository, for example.  But that was just used
to merge things between two different CVS repositories, each maintained
primarily as pristine source plus patches.

--Stephen