[fab] Non-standard kernels in the Fedora Multiverse

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue May 9 14:58:43 UTC 2006

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Rex Dieter wrote:

> > And starting to get bug reports from J. Foo's Fedora
> > that has a drastically different kernel or glibc or ... is going to make
> > things very very difficult for developers.
>
> Not for you, for whoever is maintaining the Alternatives pkg.

I think Jeremy's fear about misattribution of bugs is a valid one.

I have a dream, though.

I have a dream of a desktop bugzilla client in Fedora.  When you find a
bug, you fire up the prominently-placed client.  The client presents you
with package names, and you select which package the bug was in.  The
client will be smart enough to reconcile any questions about "which repo
this package came from".

Is this a crazy dream?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  But it'd certainly require a
visionary QA person to make it happen.  Right, Will?

:)

--g