[fab] Governing body to handle package guideline issues

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed May 17 16:51:34 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 18:34 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 17.05.2006, 11:20 -0400 schrieb Jesse Keating:
> > On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 11:10 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:
> > > Personally, I don't think this group needs to be some sort of elected
> > > body.  I think we should be able to pretty easily determine who the right
> > > people are, and from that group elect/appoint a leader.  Then we just need
> > > to make it very clear what the mandate of this group is, give it a wiki
> > > page and an email list, and let it go.
> > I agree.
>
> +1
>
> We just need to make sure that there are always at least one or two
> people from the actual FESCo in it to simply communication.

While for seeding purposes, this probably makes sense, I would expect
(hope?) that over time we're going to have enough different groups that
all need to communicate that we'll need to make it so the communication
happens without needing to have crossover people in all the groups.
This will also let people really pay attention to the things that matter
most to them without having to feel torn in 20 different directions.

Jeremy