[fab] discussion topics for red hat ceo

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at bobjensen.com
Wed May 31 14:27:43 UTC 2006

Max Spevack wrote:

> Mark is on this list.  We should be able to get his legal viewpoint
> quite easily.
>
> FC5 + Updates is all packages that live under the "Fedora" blessing.
>
> I'd like for us to be able to use the official Fedora logo on it -- if
> we call it Fedora Core 5, Update 1 or something else -- that naming is
> something we can work on.
>
> Effectively, aren't we giving an updated snapshot of FC5 -- the one that
> people would get if the installed FC5 Gold and then ran yum update?  So
> we're saving people time/bandwidth, and they get the same bits.  I want
> to call that Fedora.

Release is now eminent. Can I get a final confirmation that we can call
this "Fedora Core <ver> <Re-Spin or Update> <date of snapshot>" Re-Spin
is what the community has been calling this type of work, our current
ISOs are named with respin in the file name. This can easily be changed
later.

--
Robert 'Bob' Jensen *        * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BobJensen
gpg fingerprint:     F9F4 7243 4243 0043 2C45 97AF E8A4 C3AE 42EB 0BC6