[fab] Non-standard kernels in the Fedora Multiverse

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue May 9 16:23:17 UTC 2006

Will Woods wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 10:58 -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

>> I have a dream of a desktop bugzilla client in Fedora.  When you find a
>> bug, you fire up the prominently-placed client.  The client presents you
>> with package names, and you select which package the bug was in.  The
>> client will be smart enough to reconcile any questions about "which repo
>> this package came from".

> Yes! I have this same dream! I really REALLY want to see tighter
> integration between Fedora and our bug reporting/tracking stuff. I want:
>
> 1) A nice client (maybe built from bug-buddy) for people to quickly and
> easily report bugs *without a bugzilla account*.

I personally have a problem with that (maybe it's just the cranky
sysadmin in me):
* If a bug isn't worth a few minutes of your time to create a bugzilla
account, the bug must not be that important.  This (IMO, small) barrier
weeds out frivolous reports.  Easier bug reporting is nice, but not at
the expense of receiving *good* bug reports.
* Without a bugzilla account, there is no mechanism for further
correspondence/feedback between reporter and developers.  I think this
is important too.

-- Rex