[fab] Non-standard kernels in the Fedora Multiverse

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue May 9 16:47:19 UTC 2006

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Rex Dieter wrote:

> * If a bug isn't worth a few minutes of your time to create a bugzilla
> account, the bug must not be that important.  This (IMO, small) barrier
> weeds out frivolous reports.  Easier bug reporting is nice, but not at
> the expense of receiving *good* bug reports.

I wonder if we might consider separating bugs into classes.  Anonymous
bugs get lower priority, but they're great data points, especially if they
contain largely similar information.  If you get 5000 bug reports on the
same component, you know it's bad, but you don't necessary need to troll
through all 5000.

Maybe that's too complicated.  I don't know.

> * Without a bugzilla account, there is no mechanism for further
> correspondence/feedback between reporter and developers.  I think this
> is important too.

To some users -- but certainly not the ones who see a crash and just click
on the "report this bug automatically" button.

--g