[fab] Non-standard kernels in the Fedora Multiverse

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue May 9 17:11:29 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 12:09 -0400, Will Woods wrote:
> 1) A nice client (maybe built from bug-buddy) for people to quickly and
> easily report bugs *without a bugzilla account*. This client would
> gather pertinent system info (Fedora or Alternatives package? Weirdo
> kernel?) and include it in the bug report.

While useful for things reported more than once, we're guaranteed to get
the "reported once, no clue how to reproduce it" problems with some
regularity.  The requirement of a bugzilla account is the only thing
that gives developers a chance[1] of getting the information they need
to solve problems.

Jeremy

[1] And even then, some percentage of reporters just fires and forgets